Friday, October 18

WANDERLUST: LYON (Day One)





Last weekend we went to Lyon. 
The reason why we drove almost eight hours one way, was simple: family.
Igor's father and brother are living there because the first one is the trainer and the second one is the player in the handball club Villerbanne, which is in Lyon. 
We also knew that Igor's mom is gonna come to be there with them for the weekend, so we decided to do a little surprise and show up there not telling anybody a word.
It was really a nice surprise for all three of them and a fun time for us.

Lyon is the city of light. City of silk & city of gastronomy. 
But we didn't have luck with the weather on a first day, so we just run up to see the famous Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvière.
It's a "must see" in Lyon and as you can see from the photos above, is just amazing.
Basilique de Fourvière was built from 1872 to 1884 by Pierre Bossan and Sainte Marie Perrin in the Gothic and Byzantine style.

Beside that we saw just Lyon's McDonald that day but that's just not worth of mentioning, right? (especially not now when I started to pay attention what I put in my mouth (and out of it!;)). 

Did you ever been in Lyon? What did you went to see there? Did you attend the festival of lights? It must be pretty cool!

I'll show you Lyon (Day Two) post tomorrow and I hope you'll come by to see it. 

And please, don't be shy and comment - I like to "talk" with you and hear what you have to say.

Bisous mes chéries!


P.s. Did you notice how Igor pose on the last photo? Lol.
(He must imitate me!)











4 comments:

  1. Joj, kok si lepa! Mummy glow! ☺ Fotografije so čudovite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Lyon, but I wish I can go there someday !!
    It seems to be such a great city!! And it's on my list ;)
    Waiting for "day 2"!!

    Ps: the last photo is so lovelly :))
    Take care! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lepe fotke! :) pa na 7. sliki si taka srčica, juj <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Res si čudovita. Zadnja fotka pa je res dobra in smešna :D

    ReplyDelete